Saturday, June 07, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review!

Myself (Catherine) and Kate went to a viewing of The Night Before Our Stars.  If you don't know what that is, just pretend it was an early viewing with perks.  So here we're going to state our opinion on the movie.

Catherine:
I was very hesitant going into a movie that had no phenomenal clips.  I enjoyed it a great deal after the fact though.  I DIDN'T CRY.  Let me get that out of the way.  It was enjoyable all the less.  For such a short book and such a long movie, they cut out clips.  It was disappointing in the ways that some lines from the book and some scenes were cut out.  I felt like some characters played larger roles and some played smaller roles than in the book.  Overall I enjoyed the movie.
Wow, that was scatter brained.

Kate:
Unlike Catherine, I did cry. A lot. I started crying about 15 minutes into the movie and I didn't stop until after the bonus Q&A with the cast. I did think it was a good movie and very true to the book. However, they did change some important quotes around and they left out Kaitlyn aka my favorite because we have the same name. I think the movie was not casted correctly, BUT they all played their roles very well. The movie made me laugh, cry, and scream just like the book. I'm very surprised how the movie turned out and I'm very happy with the outcome. AND THE SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING! Many of my favorite artists are on the soundtrack. I would give the movie and soundtrack 5 out of 5 stars! (That was not ment to be a pun)
-The Whole Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment