Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Reads


They're many definitions of 'summer reads' so I'll give mine:

Summer Reads: Contemporary/YA/Fictional books set around or in summer.  The book should have romance and maybe some fluff.  Summer reads should be fluffy, not death and blood like seen in many Dystopian and Fantasy books.  Fluff, romance, joy, happiness, and love should be in a summer read.  Appropriate for reading by the pool and at the beach, but also good for 2am after you're done crying over a non-fluff death book.  

That is an award winning definition, I shall accept my awards later on.  Anyways, I'm going to go about this in the format as shown in Catherine's Top 3 Most Anticipated June Book Releases and in our combined May Book Haul. This format has a picture of the book, title, author, and the link to its Goodreads page. 

   1. Great by Sara Benincasa 

   2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 
3. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira  

4. Exile  by Kevin Emerson  
5. The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace
6. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green 
8. Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour 
9. Shine by Lauren Myracle 
10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 
12. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith 

These are some summer reads that are on my shelf, and I will be reading this summer.  I've already read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Love Letters to the Dead, To all the Boys I've Loved Before, An Abundance of Katherines, Shine, and a different book by Jennifer E. Smith and Lauren Oliver and I loved them both.  Happy reading!
~Kate







No comments:

Post a Comment